The LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre understands the need to replenish the aging workforce. Our construction skills programs cover many of the sectors that our members work in. From Sewer and Watermain, Road Construction, High Rise Forming, House Framing and Residential Handyman to name a few, our hands on training is meant to simulate a true construction setting. We provide training that includes the use of new materials, tools and techniques that are making their way or currently used on job sites. The LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre wants to ensure that our employer partners receive workers who are competent and productive.
Our class hours are Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 3:00 pm.
*Please note that Members of LiUNA Local 183 receive priority for all programs.
**Applications should be submitted 4 weeks prior to the course start date.
***NON-MEMBERS MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENCE AND VEHICLE IN ORDER TO APPLY.
There will be NO REFUNDS provided should you not attend, get removed, or drop out of a program!
Choose a course that interests you
Fill out our online application
LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre will contact you if space is available in your selected program
If selected, begin your education with LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid Ontario driver licence (G or G2)
- Having work experience in the construction sector is an asset
- Members receive priority for all training
- Eager to develop new skills
- Show initiative
- Willingness to work outdoors and/or perform physically demanding work
- Excellent communication and listening skills to interact with peers and instructors
- Able to work as a part of a team and/or independently
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Organized, punctual and reliable
Mar 14/22 Apr 22/22
Drain and Concrete
Mar 21/22 Apr 29/22
High Rise Forming
High Rise Rodman
Jan 10/22 Mar 4/22
Low Rise Forming
Jan 31/22 Mar 11/22
Sewer and Water Main
Feb 7/22 Apr 1/22
Apr 4/22 Jun 10/22
Welding (Day Course)
Apr 4/22 May 13/22 +2 more
Welding (Night Course)